Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Notes from the Hermitage

I have been a big fat hermit these last few weeks.

It's lovely.

I love my space. And still loving it. I think that I really, really like having my own space.

In fact, I can't imagine sharing it ever without feeling slightly uncomfortable. My home is clean. I don't have to worry about any one else's schedule, or meal preference, or making them feel suitably involved or included. I don't have to feel like I should initiate a conversation. It's so hard to switch "off" when someone else is in your house.

I like hosting, though, to a degree. Guests. Overnight visitors. Friends. But it still takes a lot of effort.
And then recovery.

Thinking now, part of me wonders if I should seek out a relationship that has a potential to last and be successful.
But, could I ever be happy with a relationship? Does that person exist where we can live together and I'm still allowed to rest and be on my own? If so, how can I find this person.

Lately, I've been "reading" (not really reading, it's an audio book because that is all that the library had) a book about an Asperger's man who is attempting to find a life partner.
And the rules that he requires sounds SO APPEALING!
If someone who needed rules could accept that my rules involve quiet time or alone time, that would be awesome.

Is it possible? Is it even worth being open to?


The au pair left for her new family last night and is off to Sydney. Back to the little 3 of us.
Another one will come later. After recovery from the last one.


No comments: