Sunday, December 2, 2018

Dream

I had another dream about Austin last night. I've had a few lately and can only conclude that this is due to that EMDR stuff. It must be triggering.

I think his profile picture had changed. Something had happened and alerted that maybe he was still somewhere. Playing, moving, adventuring. Like he was stuck on his own, far away from society where there were rapids and boats and sun and a gross need for survival skills.

The picture had changed to be photoshopped with our son in his arms. As though he wanted to look like he was holding him up and Chas' face was pasted on. So where would Austin have gotten this picture unless if he was interested?

And I called, because in dreamland this is logical, and had a hard time remembering his phone number. Rang twice and he answered.

I cried. Hard. Which, I guess would be expected.
The overwhelming relief of hearing his voice alive surprised me the most.

No comments: